Oscar -The Cat

Ever felt overwhelmed watching cute animal videos, animal-human bond videos? Ever felt like buying a pet...... a pet dog or cat who would cuddle us when we feel low. Many pet owners say that they feel stress relieved when they are around their pet. It is a proven fact that dogs have the ability to detect if his owner is upset or not and he could help his owner feel better. The dog will sense it and cuddle the human as a sign of comforting the person. 

Brown Pomeranian Puppy · Free Stock Photo Free photo Welsh Corgi Pembroke Sight Pet Puppy Corgi Dog - Max Pixel golden-retriever-puppies | Kinjeng Submiter | Flickr
Short-coated Black and Brown Puppy in White And Red Polka-dot ...

I've always felt a need of a pet dog, a small pomeranian puppy. And this was when I started researching about the benefits of having a pet dog, ignoring what my mother always say, "I won't allow 2 dogs under the same roof". But never I've felt the need of having a cat as my pet. Because most what I've read or heard is that dogs are better at comforting humans than cats. This is when I read about a supernatural cat. "Oscar".

Just as a parent being proud of his/her successful child. I found a hospital who is proudly highlighting about its cat's feature.
Seems so confusing right? A hospital, discussing about its cat? How come a cat is brought more into the picture of a hospital website? 

Steere House a rehabilitation center for senior citizens. Who believe that animals can bring joy to human lives and is also a home to varieties of animal. Visiting their website I found a very interesting page "Oscar The Cat". There lives a 11 year old cat named 'Oscar' who can identify patients who are likely to die soon. Oscar cuddles and comforts the patient who is near to death. 

Oscar curls upon the patients lap and this is like a signal to the doctors there, to call up the patient's family for a visit. Oscar could predict around 100 of such deaths at this care center. 

What more interesting I felt is, the believes of human

We live in an era of so many animal abuses coming up, so many superstitions associated with cats, I hope I don't need to specify some.

I wonder what Oscar would have been named here. Maybe he would be named as "cursed cat", "manhoos billi" etc. 

Oscar is a pride to the hospital, Steere House.
Many address him as "supernatural cat", "miracle cat" 


source of image: website-Steere house 


Visit their website: Steere House- https://steerehouse.org/
Read the article on their website: https://steerehouse.org/shoscar_landing


Curious to learn on superstitions related to cats all over the world?
Article for the same:  

https://www.thegreatcat.org/cat-superstitions-by-country/


Comments

Post a Comment

Follow to receive an email notification whenever I share my thoughts over.

Follow By E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner